The Heroes of Travia
Draconians were created by the Dragon King, Progonos. While some remain on Kounia, many have migrated to Travia to gather information about the rising sentient races. Draconians, however, are as free-willed as any other race, and in fact may be a great deal more driven, due to their draconic heritage. As such, Draconians of any alignment are common. Some serve the dragonflights, others serve themselves. The one thing Draconian personalities have in common is a desire to travel and learn.
Draconian Racial Traits
- Draconian base land speed is 30 feet.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Draconians have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Wing-Aided Movement: Draconians can use their wings to help with movement even if they can’t fly yet. The extra lift from his wings gives a Draconian a +10 racial bonus on Jump checks.
- Gliding (Ex): A Draconian can use his wings to glide, negating the damage from a fall of any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Draconians glide at a speed of 40 feet (average maneuverability). Even if a Draconian’s maneuverability improves, he can’t hover while gliding. A Draconian can’t glide while carrying a medium or heavy load. If a Draconian becomes unconscious while in midair, his wings naturally unfurl and powerful ligaments stiffen the wings. The Draconian descends in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling distance, no matter the actual distance of the fall.
- Flight (Ex): When a Draconian reaches 5 Hit Dice, he becomes able to fly at a speed of 40 feet (average maneuverability). A Draconian can’t fly with a medium or heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted. Draconians can fly safely for a number of rounds equal to their constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). They can exert themselves to fly twice as long, but then they’re fatigued at the end of the flight. Draconians are likewise fatigued when flying more than a total of 10 minutes in a day. Because Draconians can glide before, after, and in between rounds of actual flight, they can remain aloft for extended periods. When they reach 10 Hit Dice, Draconians have enough stamina and prowess to fly for longer periods. They can fly at at a speed of 40 feet (average maneuverability), and flight requires no more effort than walking or running. A Draconian in flight can make a dive attack. A dive attack works like a charge, but the Draconian must move at least 30 feet and descend a minimum of 10 feet. A Draconian can make a dive attack only while wielding a piercing weapon; on a hit, the attack does double damage. A Draconian in flight can run in flight, provided he travels in a straight line.
- A Draconian has a natural weapon in the form of a claw attack which deals 1d4 points of damage.
- Darkvision: A Draconian can see clearly in the dark out to 60 feet, and can see shadowy illumination out to 120 feet. Darkvision is in black and white.
- Dragonfear (Ex): Draconians have a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate checks, and a successful Intimidate check has the same effect as a Dragon’s fear effect.
- Scales: Draconians have a +1 bonus to Natural Armor. This increases by 1 at levels 6, 12, and 18 and stacks with any additional sources of Natural Armor.
- Favored Class: Sorceror
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconian
- Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Tiktaalik, Orcish, Kobold, Coronate, Anubian